Getting paid while you learn stonemasonry might sound too good to be true – but as an apprentice you really do get this opportunity.
Apprenticeships are available to anyone over the age of 16 for stonemasonry courses. As an apprentice, you will:
- Earn real wages
- Gain new qualifications & industry standard training
- Gain new knowledge and skills
- Get a start into a new and rewarding career in the stone industry
Visit our website for details on apprenticeship.
If your company is registered with CITB then they could receive over £10k in grants to train you in stonemasonry at Weymouth College. Ask your employer to visit the CITB site to find out more about grants and the levy.
Other potential benefits you could receive:
- No college fees
- Free accommodation during the CITB block release
- Free travel expenses during the CITB block release
- No fee to register your staff on the NVQ
- No certification fee upon achievement
- An Apprentice Officer and other support staff
Weymouth College (Dorset Skills Centre) is one of the only facilities to offer Block Release training, which means your staff can study for a Level 2 and Level 3 NVQ in 3 week blocks – 4 times a year. This makes it easier than ever to schedule their training around work and is ideal for long distance learning.
Our apprentices have won the UK Masonry Skills Challenge (a.k.a. InterCities) in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Come and join us! See some case studies here.
For more information about apprenticeship schemes and training don’t hesitate to contact us on email@example.com. Better still, visit our workshops in Poundbury at the Dorset Skills Centre. Our doors are always open.
On our main College site you will find more answers to your questions.