Congratulations to the following students who have successfully won places to participate in this year’s UK Masonry Skills Challenge:
- Andrew Smith (Dip L2 2015) – 1st place
- Yasmin Impson (NVQ L3 2015, Albion Stone) – 2nd place
- Elliot Miller (NVQ L2 2016, Albion Stone) – 3rd place
- William Lovell (NVQ L2 2015, Chichester Stoneworks) – Runner-up
This year’s job involved creating templets and cutting a label stop with a cavetto moulding in Portland Whitbed. It was a classic case of not cutting your own throat!
There are two heats being held in England and Scotland:
- 6 May 2014 at City of Bath College, Bath
- 21 May 2014 at Edinburgh College, Edinburgh.